Hello A-Team !!!!
May 17th is getting closer by the minute. The draping class is busy working on their dresses. The sewing fundamentals class is busy working on their PJs. What fun !!!! It will be a great show !!!! I have a fashion show meeting on Tuesday. I will share everything with you: Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
I need to mention that the Fall 2012 Patternmaking Certificates are ready to be picked up at the front desk !!!!
Have you all gone to www.hulu.com to see the new online versions of All my Children and One Life to Live????? On Fridays, they are going to give us behind the scenes chats with the actors, directors, etc. I was thrilled. I got to watch the whole first week, on Saturday and Sunday. It was great !!!
http://www.urbanthreads.com/newsletter.aspx This newsletter has a great ‘Painterly Doodles’ tutorial and wonderful freebie(s).
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/magazine/whats-a-4000-suit-worth.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1& Thank You Rosie !!! This is a fantastic article about a tailor who is doing great !!!!! DON’T MISS THE SLIDE SHOW IN THE EXTREME LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE PAGE !!!!
The following links are from Laura. This is fashion NOW !!!!!! This is taken from the May Events Newsletter of the Museum at FIT. Terrific Laura !!! Thanks for sending this.
|A world of fashion is on the web|
Patricia Mears helps to explain the meels (men in heels) phenomenon with a little bit of perspective in history.
The Vulnerable Neck
Lacroix x Schiaparelli
Barbie’s gone all tech
Pauline Bonaparte’s Slippers
Fashion History, Just a Click Away
Haute Couture and Swarovski (VIDEO)
"Come in mystery challenger!" (VIDEO)
Chanel Reel, Métiers d’Art 2012 (VIDEO)
From: Designs in Machine Embroidery [mailto:designsmagazine] On Behalf Of Designs in Machine Embroidery
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 11:01 PM
Subject: 67 pages of inspiration – free for you
View the online version: http://www.dzgns.com/digital/index.html
Download the special release for free!
Sure, it’s free—but we packed this special 67 page digital issue with educational material for newbies, intermediate and advanced embroiderers. Plus projects, free embroidery designs, videos from our sponsors and access to leading companies in the embroidery industry.
Click here to download now!
Click image to watch video demo!
– Stabilizers! We pulled together some of our best stabilizer resources so they are at your fingertips. Great for newbies but also an informative resource for all skill levels.
– Ribbon! It’s time to adorn ribbon with embroidery. Learn how to add stitches to satin and wired ribbon and even narrow linen tape.
– Polos and T-shirts! Whether you need to stitch multiples for a sports team, your sewing group or your book club, you’ll want to learn the most efficient way to create professional results. (And avoid rework or ruined garments!)
– Connect the Designs! Now that you’ve advanced as an embroiderer you’ll want to show off more than just a single design. Stitch designs end-to-end with confidence.
– Unusual Fabrics! Take a departure from stitching on simple cottons and knits. Learn the secrets to stitching on stretch mesh nylon fabric. (Your friends will think you spent a fortune at the department store!) Plus learn how to incorporate organza into your designs to add texture.
– Go Green! Repurpose tablecloths into clothing!
– Applique! Explore traditional and raw edge applique. Plus find elegant uses for hand crocheted fabric.
– Short on Time! We have included quick, fun in-the-hoop projects that give you a sense of accomplishment and make great gifts! (Or keep for yourself!)
– For the Men! Yes, we even included a project the man in your life will be proud to wear!
– Develop a Designer’s Eye! Check out how a traditional sewing technique can be reinterpreted with the use of machine embroidery.
– Convenient PDF. Download the PDF and read from the convenience of your desktop computer or laptop. Flip through the pages, zoom in on projects and print what you need. Click on sponsors’ ads to visit their websites, check out the latest product promos or special offers
See you all in class this week !!!!!
Make Money with your Skills !©
San Diego Continuing Education
Hospitality & Consumer Science